eHosting4U.com & eBizAc.com
21 Best StumbleUpon Tips |
So you're getting started with StumbleUpon, and you'd like to make the most of your Stumbling experience. Good for you, for being concerned with starting off on the right foot. There are definitely things that you can do to increase your chances of becoming popular through stumbling. Let's take a look at 21 of the best all-time tips:
1. Remember that your mission is to be yourself. So only stumble sites that you are genuinely interested in.
2. If your website or blog is all about photography, make your photos big enough to stun people with their detail, contrast and fascinating subject matter. Don't worry about bandwidth.
3. If your website or blog is all about photography or art, keep the background colors neutral - let the images speak loudly for themselves.
4. If your website or blog is about information, make sure the visuals don't distract. Focus on your headlines and first paragraphs instead.
5. Use the Related Posts plug-in to provide readers with more valuable content - from you.
6. Make sure you submit your own site pages, or new ones from others you've discovered, with accurate tags.
7. Send your own pages, via StumbleUpon, to your friends.
8. Submit your best work (i.e., specific pages, perhaps not highlighted on your site but buried deep within) to StumbleUpon
9. Don't submit your own stuff daily - that's a sure-fire way to send up a red flag and possibly get your site banned.
10. Be selective about who you add: Quantity is not better than quality.
11. Don't befriend someone and then ignore them. Remember, all relationships need to be nurtured!
12. Thank people who compliment you or stumble your sites. Everyone appreciates courtesy.
13. Don't neglect your other social marketing - but why not do it via StumbleUpon (it's one-click easy!)
14. When checking out another Stumbler's profile, pay attention to your Similarity Meter (located in the right-hand sidebar)
15. Use your "info" toolbar button to see site reviews - and leave your own
16. Subscribe to people who you are really compatible with via content - click the green "Subscribe" button in the upper right corner or send them a message
17. Create a StumbleUpon group and stumble each other's best links.
18. Stumble people who stumble you - if you find their content valuable, give it a thumbs up (but don't be indiscriminate!)
19. Review StumbleUpon profiles of those whose sites you're interested in
20. Stumblers love dynamic photos. Occasionally include one (relevant to your blog subject, of course) - even if normally you focus only on text information.
21. Don't forget to add a StumbleUpon button to your blog or website!
Finally remember that most of all, StumbleUpon is all about entertainment. Keep your heavy-duty business report for your LinkedIn contacts... and let StumbleUpon help you develop your "lighter" side. It's a bit of an art form to learn to mix business with personal in a way that feels natural to both you and your reader - but letting that spark of personality shine through is ultimately your biggest social networking advantage.